Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Are you ready for Halloween?

"Cheri" > wrote in message
> "Peppermint Patootie" > wrote in message
> news
>> In article >,

>>> Truly, it's one day a year. Sort of like birthdays. :-)
>>>
>>> Cheri

>> The amount they collect lasts them a while, or makes them very sick for
>> a short time.
>>
>> PP

> I really don't know anybody that got sick, not saying they haven't/don't
> somewhere, but nobody I know ever did, and we ate lots of it. If they have
> a tendency to do that, that's what parents are for. No law says kids have
> to trick or treat, take them to an organized party where the treats are
> rationed if that's the case, or parents could have an in home party of
> their own.

Halloween wasn't usually when I got sick. Because we got the candy before
dinner.

Easter and Christmas were when I always got sick. The Easter basket with
the chocolate eggs. The stocking with the chocolate Santas. I would be
hungry and I would start eating those before breakfast and then my mom would
give us donuts for breakfast.

I only ever let Angela go to a few houses. Of what she got, she would be
lucky if there were 2 or 3 pieces of candy in there that she could/would
eat. There might be the same amount that her dad would eat. And then the
other 2 or 3 pieces would go in the trash. So you see why I didn't let her
go very far. That would be kind of a waste.

I do feel bad for the people in this economy though. For the last couple of
years we have gotten just as many adults stopping by as kids. I think they
just need food. Any food.