Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Are you ready for Halloween?

"W. Baker" > wrote in message
> Peppermint Patootie > wrote:
> : In article >,
> : Alice Faber > wrote:
>
> : > In article
> : > >,
> : > Peppermint Patootie > wrote:
> : >
> : > > Yup. All ready. I have plans that evening and won't get home until
> the
> : > > gangs of kids are gone.
> : > >
> : > > Normal evening. No highly concentrated carbs in the house.
> : > >
> : >
> : > I need to make some plans like that, I think!
>
> : There have been years I've turned out all the lights and hoped they
> : didn't see the glow of the TV in the back room.
>
> : I just don't feel right about giving kids stuff that is essentially
> : poison.
>
> : PP
> : --
> : "What you fail to understand is that criticising established authority
> by means
> : of argument and evidence is a crucial aspect of how science works."
> : - Chris
> Malcolm
>
> I remember my first year after I married and I gt small apples and litlle
> spinning toys for hte kids. The younger ones were delighted, but the
> older ones felt a bit gypped(sp?) as they wanted CANDY.
> That was before all the razor blade stories that eliminated fresh fruit
> from the trick or treat basket.
>
> Wendy

I have given out stuffed animals and rubber ducks. Most seem to love those.
But we always do get a small percentage of adult that I think are just
looking for food! Last year we gave out 100% fruit snacks. They did seem
to love those but we bought too many and had a lot left. As they turned out
they were super sticky to eat and I didn't like them for that reason. The
others I do really like are quite expensive. About $3.00 for 6 of them and
sadly addictive to Angela so I can't bring them into the house.