Leonardo

Default Types of wood for smoking

Duwop wrote:

> Leonardo wrote:
>
>>Have any of you tried smoking with peat ( not, Pete the next door
>>neighbor)
>>
>>Maybe a big chunk of mutton or lamb?
>>
>>Popular in the UK, I've heard.
>>
>>Too radical? un-American?
>>

> Try simply too scarce? Where do you get your peat?

I've never tried it, that's why I asked.

It can be purchased at

http://www.irishsmoke.ie/products1.htm

and I'm sure there are other sources

> Some people cook over burning buffalo turds too, guess its not common in the
> USA because it's un-american eh?
> And you know mutton is not beloved either, and therefore not commonly
> available, understand it's an aquired taste (read forced fed to you as a
> child).

Like McDonalds?

> Radical, Un-american? Why you throwing those words around, trying to stir up
> controversy, need a life?

Didn't mean to push anybody's buttons. Just joking around.

I'll be more careful with my choice of words next time. There is so much
hyper-sensitivity in the air these days.

Lenny