Posted to rec.food.cooking
jmcquown[_2_] jmcquown[_2_] is offline

Default Do not call

"Andy" wrote in message ...

Cheryl > wrote:

> On 10/16/2012 12:46 PM, Cheri wrote:
>
>> Well, yeah...but a home phone is for the convenience of
>> the person paying for it, so it makes sense for a person
>> to call back when it's convenient for them to talk IMO.

> Things have gotten so complicated from days of yore. lol

Allow me to further complicate matters...

The only reason I keep a landline is so my security system can
dial out.
(snip "ad" for the iPhone)

Andy

***********************
Yep, I *have* to have a landline due to the security system. (I just had to
have the system repaired a couple of months ago.) The security guards at
the gate monitor the system. They get all freaked out if the system doesn't
send a signal every 12 hours indicating everything is working. They'll call
like crazy, saying it has to be fixed or I'm in violation of "the
covenants". I don't really give a rats behind about the covenants. Still,
if I hadn't had the system fixed the guards could get in trouble for not
doing their job (their boss gets copies of the transmit reports).

This system doesn't give the option of connecting via a cell phone. Just as
well since I never could get a signal on the darn thing unless I walked down
the street with it.

Jill