Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Do not call

On 16/10/2012 5:10 PM, Moe DeLoughan wrote:

>> No. Some people simply do not answer their phones. They want you to
>> leave
>> a message and then they will call back. People have told me this. I
>> won't
>> call them. Unless I have to. My Drs. assistant hardly ever answers her
>> phone. She did answer once. I kind of have to talk to her so I have to
>> leave a message. But there are times when I really need to get a hold of
>> her ASAP and she takes two days to get back to me. That's not good.

> That's how businesses - including the medical profession - deal with
> persons who have a history about persistently demanding immediate
> attention for non-urgent reasons. It's the boy who cried wolf syndrome.
> Once they know your game, you go to the end of the line while they take
> care of people who really need help asap.

Yep, when you have frequent emergencies that tend to be minor problems,
they stop taking you seriously. It was about two years ago that my wife
called doctor's office because she knew that I was worried about my
condition and she wanted them to move my appointment up. She pointed out
that I was rarely sick and only saw the doctor if I had a problem. The
nurse found an appointment for me a couple days later. I saw an
cardiologist two days after that and had an angiogram booked for two
weeks after that. Things went bad in the angiogram and I ended up with
emergency heart surgery. When I call they get back to me,