Posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,rec.sport.football.college,alt.food.vegan,rec.food.cooking,alt.gothic
Rupert Rupert is offline

Default DOZENS OF WORLD CLASS ATHLETIC VEGANS SUPPORT ME IN EMAIL

On Oct 16, 5:27*pm, "The Undead Edward M. Kennedy" > wrote:
> "Rupert" > wrote
>
> > > <I'm currently fairly skeptical that there are any moral
> > > <truths.

> > > Cool. If the right to life isn't self-evident, then we kill your
> > > kind with impunity.

> > <
> > <Actually, you will find that there are legal penalties for murder.

> > I wonder why they bothered to make it illegal. Obviously
> > no moral truths were involved. It's just some random law.

> <
> <It's not too difficult to come up with an explanation of why murder is
> <illegal.
>
> And moral truth has nothing to do with it according to morons like you.

The fact that people are generally strongly disposed to have moral
beliefs probably has a fair bit to do with it. That doesn't give you
any non-question-begging grounds for thinking that there are actually
any moral truths.

Plenty of obviously highly intelligent philosophers believe in moral
nihilism. Simply asserting that it's moronic just doesn't cut it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moral_nihilism