Posted to alt.food.barbecue
Tutall Tutall is offline

Default Clean-burning charcoal

On Oct 15, 11:37*pm, Nick Cramer > wrote:
> tutall > wrote:

> > > Lazzari is available at local retail and it
> > > sounds worth a try.

> > Probably only their mesquite. You might try and ask the store manager
> > to order some of their hardwood lump.

> So? Charcoal is carbon (not talking briquettes). For smoke flavor, I use
> hardwoods from my garden or that I buy.

For smoke flavor I use lump charcoal. No additives needed. For smoke
flavors when bbqing, I burn the wood I want, oak, fruit, whatever. If
available.

Are you claiming mesquite charcoal is no different from others? I a
lab somewhere, sure. In the real world, or in our backyard? Not so
much.

Pull the other one.