Posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,rec.sport.football.college,alt.food.vegan,rec.food.cooking,alt.gothic

Default DOZENS OF WORLD CLASS ATHLETIC VEGANS SUPPORT ME IN EMAIL

On 10/12/2012 9:49 AM, Rupert wrote:
> On Oct 12, 6:10 pm, George Plimpton > wrote:

>>> It would be very easy for you to verify the existence of many world-
>>> class vegan athletes if you wished to. Google is your friend.

>> Ha ha ha ha ha! It would be very easy for *you* simply to list the
>> names of 50-100 of them, if there really were "quite a few" such who are
>> *currently* "world-class" athletes who are also "vegan". I *did*
>> attempt to Google such a list, and as I already posted, a) most of them
>> are not "vegan" but rather some degree of vegetarian, and b) most of
>> them weren't even vegetarian during their years as active "world-class"
>> athletes.
>>
>> Your claim is bullshit.

> http://kaleuniversity.org/3888-famou...n-bodybuilders
>
> "Dave Scott (six-time winner
> of Hawaii's Ironman Triathlon), Sixto Linares (world record
> holder for the 24-hour triathlon),

These lists are just stupid. Why are "vegans" so ****ing insecure they
feel they need to put them together? Any why is the list of *real*
"world-class" athletes who are "vegan" so short, while the list of
****ing ****witted showbiz celebrity "vegans" so long?

Here's the basic truth - a truth with real meat in it: "vegans" very
rarely are people of substance. "veganism" is the victory of style over
substance, and that's always a bad thing - always.