Posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,rec.sport.football.college,alt.food.vegan,rec.food.cooking,alt.gothic
Rupert Rupert is offline

Default DOZENS OF WORLD CLASS ATHLETIC VEGANS SUPPORT ME IN EMAIL

On Oct 12, 6:10*pm, George Plimpton > wrote:
> On 10/12/2012 7:48 AM, Rupert wrote:
>
> > On Oct 12, 4:17 pm, "The Undead Edward M. Kennedy" > wrote:
> >> None of them, unfortunately, will actually admit to their existence on
> >> the usenet.

> >> --Tedward

> > It would be very easy for you to verify the existence of many world-
> > class vegan athletes if you wished to. Google is your friend.

> Ha ha ha ha ha! *It would be very easy for *you* simply to list the
> names of 50-100 of them, if there really were "quite a few" such who are
> *currently* "world-class" athletes who are also "vegan". *I *did*
> attempt to Google such a list, and as I already posted, a) most of them
> are not "vegan" but rather some degree of vegetarian, and b) most of
> them weren't even vegetarian during their years as active "world-class"
> athletes.
>
> Your claim is bullshit.

Brendan Brazier is another one. "During his six year career, Brazier
was regarded as one of the top endurance athletes in the world." He
was vegan during this time.

It's moving the goalposts to say "currently". My claim was not
specific to the present tense.

My claim was based on a memory of reading something about world-class
athletes, but I now realize that that was vegetarian, not vegan.
However I have found you three world-class vegan athletes. No doubt
more could be found. This is boring. Don't you have anything better to
do with your time?