Posted to rec.food.cooking
Cheri[_3_] Cheri[_3_] is offline

Default Do not call

"James Silverton" > wrote in message
> Does anyone know if there is central agency where we can report commercial
> cold calls? I am registered for do not call but I still get them. The
> latest is from Disney World, which is hardly a charity or a political
> party.
> --
> Jim Silverton (Potomac, MD)
>
> Extraneous "not" in Reply To.

I don't really think there's much you can do about it. The Do Not Call is
mostly a joke, since they really don't follow up. I have a wonderful gadget
that I got many years ago from Radio Shack that rejects the numbers (up to
20) and cuts them off after a 1 1/2 rings so you don't have to wait for the
answering machine. They don't make them anymore, but I love it.

If I'm sitting close to the phone, I just pick it up and hang it up. I have
all the ringers turned off except one in the bedroom, so I'm not too
bothered. Since we used to have a home office for business, the calls are
pretty much neverending even though the office phone has been disconnected.

Cheri