Dick R.

Default TN: Ballet and nebbiolo, good QPR whites, bad wines for a goodcause

Dale Williams wrote:
> In article >, Mark Lipton >
> writes:
>
>>Sorry, but I have to ask: where do you find gunflint to smell in the first
>>place?

> Do you really want to delve into my sordid past? In my long ago teen years (25+
> years ago), I was more enamored of weaponry than Charlton Heston. Not only did
> I handload my own bullets and shotgun shells, but hung out with Rev War
> reenactors, gun buffs, etc. Not a smell you forget. I might be a Kerry voter
> now, but I'd be happy to challenge Dubya in the "things that go bang" category
> on Jeopardy.

Hi Dale,
Makes sense to me. Just fire (or dry-fire) your flintlock and the smell is
something you'll remember. Been there, done that.
On a curious note, is dubya something like booya - a concoction of various
meats, vegetables, and other (I don't want to know what else) stuff, and cooked
for "quite some time"? Even though I'm located in the midwest US, I've been
able to avoid booya all my life, and that's a good thing. :-)

Dick