Suanne Wong

Default Breadmachine questions

Hi,

I just bought a bread machine with basic and sweet bread settings. Other
than the recipes given in the manual, how would I know when to use the sweet
bread setting for recipes from other source? Is it determine by the amount
of sweetener in the recipe or by other ingredients? Your advice is much
appreciated.

My husband would prefer a sweeter bread. My basic white bread recipe only
calls for 1 tbsp of sugar. If I add another tablespoon, will it affect the
rising of the bread. . Anyway, I had tried baking twice, one basic and one
cinnamon raisins and both loaves rised too high, to the lid. I guess I just
have to keep trying until I got the right formula.

I tried the basic recipe this afternoon with added sugar and it turned out
with very dark crust even I selected the regular crust. Is it due to the
higher sugar content? Should I use the sweet bread setting instead.

Thanks,
Sue