Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Karen[_11_] Karen[_11_] is offline

Default Anyone plan on trying new foods/recipes?

On Fri, 28 Sep 2012 20:41:29 +0000 (UTC), in alt.food.diabetic, "W.
Baker" > wrote:

>Julie Bove > wrote:
>
>: "Karen" > wrote in message
>: >
>: > Julie, put whatever Mexican seasoning you like on the boneless chicken
>: > breast. Bake in a 325 degree oven till a meat thermometer registers
>: > 165 degrees. Usually it takes about 30 to 40 minutes depending on the
>: > thickness of the piece of meat. It's as easy as that. You could
>: > poach chicken breast on the stove for about 15 minutes and add
>: > seasoning of your choice after it's cooked.
>
>: Thanks! I don't usually use Mexican seasoning which is why I asked. I have
>: some Adobe and I have taco seasoning which I have only ever used for ground
>: beef.
>
>CAreful with teh adobe as it can be very salty, so don't add any other
>salt. I ave never used taco seasoning.

`
I have never used adobo so I don't know what's in it. I usually use
chili powder, chipotle flakes or cumin if I want it extra spicy, a
scant amount of salt, garlic and sometimes oregano. The packets are
quite expensive for what you get.