Old 23-09-2012, 06:01 AM posted to rec.food.drink.tea
toci toci is offline

Default Anyone still drinking Tieguanyin?

On Tuesday, September 18, 2012 9:43:46 AM UTC-5, Scott Dorsey wrote:
In article ,

Trouble is, the soil buildup of pesticide residues, the fact that many TGYs

are blends from different farms, plus pesticides accumulate in clay soil,

and tea plants have natural tendency to absorb nutrients heavily from the

soil - all of those factors meant disaster for TGY market.

In China, even much of the domestic market is afraid to drink TGY. It's also

perceived as hurting the stomach - so it's a tea not looked upon favorably

now.

The domestic market is starting to worry about contaminated and fake foods,

just like happened in the US a century or so ago. I'm not sure that they have

the power to have anything done about it.

They're still growing guanyin tea in Taiwan, though, and some of it is

excellent.

--scott

Well, we do have the power not to buy- don't we? Toci