Posted to rec.food.cooking
Jim Elbrecht Jim Elbrecht is offline

Default slow cooker/pressure cooker? Difference?

On Mon, 17 Sep 2012 07:41:12 -0600, Janet Bostwick
> wrote:

>On Mon, 17 Sep 2012 07:15:16 -0400, Jim Elbrecht >
>wrote:
>snip
>>
>>Just FWIW- GF makes many different models. Mine has temp control, a
>>flexible hinge, holds 2 lbs of pounded chicken breasts at a time, and
>>has waffle and ?cake? irons. It also tilts so the grease runs out
>>if you want it to-- but you can flatten it for waffles.
>>http://www.amazon.com/George-Foreman...dp/B000A7W4Z2/

>snip
>

>>Jim

>Yeah, so does mine. I've tried for two years to give it away at
>garage sales. This year it is scheduled for the Salvation Army.
>It doesn't get hot enough no matter how long you pre-heat.

I think yours is broken, then. [or mine is] I never use more than
3/4 heat, and get grill marks on everything.

I never preheat. I pound 2lbs of chicken to 1/2"-3/4" thick. Set
just past 50% heat- cook 6min, flip, and do 6 more. A couple times
a week for several years.

Waffles are at 3/4 heat- and brown perfectly.

Jim