Posted to rec.food.cooking
Jim Elbrecht Jim Elbrecht is offline

Default slow cooker/pressure cooker? Difference?

dsi1 > wrote:
-snip-

>The idea is the same but the GF grill has serious design problems.
>The hinge on the side does not accommodate thick foods and tends to
>compress foods on one side. There's no temperature control on most
>models and the plates don't get hot enough.

Just FWIW- GF makes many different models. Mine has temp control, a
flexible hinge, holds 2 lbs of pounded chicken breasts at a time, and
has waffle and ?cake? irons. It also tilts so the grease runs out
if you want it to-- but you can flatten it for waffles.
http://www.amazon.com/George-Foreman...dp/B000A7W4Z2/

[the first one I bough was $50- the second was $20 at an estate
sale-- never been used]

>A good and useful panini maker will have large plates of sufficient
>wattage and a temperature control. It will also have a floating plate
>design with a hinge in the middle. I got my son a small George Foreman
>grill. He uses it to cook chicken.

I do chicken [mostly for the dog], waffles, 'panini's'. I probably
use it 2-3 times a week.

Jim