Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default American beer and spirits: As puritanical rules retreat, theAmerican market for beer and spirits is growing more competitive

On 9/9/2012 12:11 PM, notbob wrote:
> On 2012-09-09, pltrgyst > wrote:
>
>> They're about 15 years behind the times. (Or should that be Times?)

> Closer to 30, for all practical purposes.

> nb

They didn't say that a vast selection had suddenly become available
but it's true that there is *now* a great selection of craft beers. 15
or 30 years ago you'd have trouble finding very many on sale in one
place. As for non-boutique restaurants, I only remember seeing a large
selection in Seattle, 15 years ago at Ray's Acres of Clams.

--
Jim Silverton (Potomac, MD)

Extraneous "not" in Reply To.