Posted to rec.food.cooking
notbob notbob is offline

Default American beer and spirits: As puritanical rules retreat, theAmerican market for beer and spirits is growing more competitive

On 2012-09-09, pltrgyst > wrote:

> They're about 15 years behind the times. (Or should that be Times?)

Closer to 30, for all practical purposes.

The real father of the microbrew revival is Frederick "Fritz" Maytag
III, who bought and revitalized Anchor Brewing Co in SF CA back in
'65. My brewing mentor has been a serious homebrewer fer about 25 yrs
and he's no pioneer. Even Sierra Nevada Brewing, who popularized SN
Pale Ale, probably one of the most recognizable microbrews of all time
and instrumental in getting legions of current microbrew lovers weaned
off the mega-swills, is over 30 yrs old (1980). The microbrew stampede
really took off in the mid 80s, when dozens of homebrewers made the
leap to starting true microbreweries, many of which have gone on to
change the market forever.

Strangely enough, I still have a real soft spot in my heart for an old
fast-food combo that's lifted my heart on many a dreary occasion,
namely a can of Budweiser beer and a Hostess berry pie. Nirvana!!

nb

-- Definition of objectivism: "Eff you! I got mine."
http://www.nongmoproject.org/