alzelt

Default pulled pork

Curly Sue wrote:

> On Mon, 12 Jul 2004 07:45:19 GMT, sf > wrote:
>

>>I know I'm opening up a hornet's nest here, but I have some
>>questions...
>>
>>I've never eaten the real thing, but want to try it - is
>>mayonaise based "white sauce" a common topping?
>>
>>What about cole slaw - does it go in the sandwich or on the
>>side?

> I like it on the sandwich because it complements the bite of the BBQ
> sauce with every bite, sort of like a hot fudge does for vanilla ice
> cream.
>

> Sue(tm)
> Lead me not into temptation... I can find it myself!

In Eastern Carolina, cole slaw is a traditional topping. Try this one.

* Exported from MasterCook *

Eastern Carolina Coleslaw

Recipe By : Jeanne Voltz
Serving Size : 8 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories : Barbeque Dinner
Lunch Salads
Vegetables

1 head cabbage(1.5lb) -- finely chopped
4 green onions(with tops) -- sliced thin
1 c low fat mayonnaise
2 tbsp sugar
2 tbsp white or cider vinegar
1 tsp celery seed
1 tsp salt

combine cabbage and green onions in large bowl. In small bowl, combine
remaining ingredients. Pour over slaw and toss. Cover and refrigerate
for at least one hour.

Serving Ideas : Place on top of pulled pork.

--
Alan

"If you reject the food, ignore the customs, fear the religion, and
avoid the people, you might better stay home."
--James Michener