Posted to rec.food.cooking
Victor Sack[_1_] Victor Sack[_1_] is offline

Default Chuck Roast

merryb > wrote:

> On Sep 3, 2:09*pm, (Victor Sack) wrote:
> > Janet Wilder > wrote:
> > > Will spend a little time in Venice, but not that interested in the food
> > > there.

> > Why not?
> >
> > > We are low carbers because of DH's diabetes. We'll eat on the ship.

> > In Venice, it's fish and seafood... no carbs when served by itself. *You
> > are not obligated to eat risi e bisi or risotto there, or even the
> > breaded seafood fritto misto or pasta with seafood. *Choose your
> > restaurants carefully - avoid tourist ones like the plague - and the
> > food is supreme.

> And buy your own Peach Bellini mix instead of going to Harry's, unless
> it's a place you really want to see!

Harry's Bar is at least a serious place, in spite of being unbearably
touristy (still, it is being frequented by the locals and the
international habitués of the better kind). It is way overpriced - over
the top, to be sure - but serious. That refers to food, too, not just
Bellini cocktails (which, incidentally, they do not serve when peaches
are out of season).

Victor