Posted to alt.food.wine

Default '08 Huet Le Mont demi-sec

On 8/29/12 2:37 AM, cwdjrxyz wrote:

> If you have more of this wine, it would be interesting to put one
> bottle under lock and key for 10-15 years and see what happens. This
> wine could well fade for a few years and then develop into something
> very interesting. A sweeter grade of Vouvray than demi-sec would be
> more likely to improve after long storage, but a very good demi-sec,
> such as some from Huet, would seem to have a fair chance of lasting
> well.

I do have more of it and do intend to hand on to it until it re-emerges
from its dumb phase. I also have one bottle of the '96 Clos de Bourg
Moelleux 1er Trie which I plan on opening in the twilight of my life ;-)
I don't know if you recall this, but one of my most memorable wine
experiences was drinking a bottle of the '45 Huet Le Haut Lieu Moelleux
(a gift from my wife) a couple of years ago. I need no better incentive
to let those sweeter Chenins age.

Mark Lipton