Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Jacquie Jacquie is offline

Default What's for dinner?

"Julie Bove" > wrote in message
>I am still trying to use some stuff up that Angela and I can't eat. I have
>done a pretty good job of it. There are still some gluten free burritos in
>the freezer, a box or two of chicken nuggets. A box or two of gluten free
>lasagna. Some cheese enchiladas. Angela actually can eat those. And
>there is some sort of Amy's vegetarian thingies that we all could eat. We
>just need to eat them because they are old.
>
> Looks like husband will start the new job on the 24th of next month so we
> still have time to feed him some of this stuff. We had a box of beef
> tamales that was in the garage freezer that needs to be eaten up by Nov.
> I brought it in and was sad to see that they contain chicken broth. So I
> can't eat them. I really wanted them! So Angela will be having those for
> dinner. She is not pleased. Although she likes tamales she doesn't much
> like beef. Husband loves beef but was in the hospital today and long
> story short it is gout which we all sort of knew. And beef is one of the
> worst things for gout. So he will be having some little chicken tacos
> that we got from Target.
>
> So that leaves me. I didn't want a hamburger patty. So I dug around and
> found an old meatloaf. It is less than thrilling. I tried making them
> with potato flakes as the filler and no binder. The flavor is just fine.
> But the texture is a bit mushy. I also have a can of creamed corn that
> needs to be used up. I will have some of that and toss the rest because
> I know nobody will eat it.
>
> I am cooking the remains of a bag of small red beans. There's not a lot
> of those but I will divvy them up three ways. And there is some salad to
> be used up. I have some other raw veg to put on that.
>
> We need to go to the store again tomorrow. We have a lot of food in the
> house. It's just mostly the non-perishable stuff. We don't have much in
> the way of meat. Not meat that my husband can eat anyway. I have some
> beef and ham but he can't eat those things.

My husband was diagnosed with gout years ago, they gave his a med(don't
remember the name) and he hasn't had any problems since then. We do eat beef
in this house but not often, once and awhile we'll have steak...maybe once a
month. I will make him a meatloaf every two months. We eat chicken,
pork..sometimes ham, turkey, and fish. We haven't had any hamburgers since
the big gall bladder attack, and the removal. We had pizza the other night
with no affects, ate one slice and topping of one slice with salad. I will
try a hamburger one of these days . My liver seems to be dumping the right
amount of bile so far...don't want to take any chances yet I have a big
freezer and keep it pretty well stocked...I am slowly throwing out old
stuff. My husband worries about the trash bag being to heavy for the trash
guy, so I can only throw away a couple of items per kitchen bag, which he
puts into a big black bag , and he doesn't want the black bag to
heavy...such a caring guy...LOL. We have a full pantry...I like to keep
stocked up . I found a Haiti Pork chop recipe the other day and am trying
it tonight. It has orange marmalade , and chipotle with adobo sauce. It just
sounded good so thought I would try it. We'll have salad and hubby will have
rice with his...or I might make a baked sweet potato to split.