Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default What's for dinner?

I am still trying to use some stuff up that Angela and I can't eat. I have
done a pretty good job of it. There are still some gluten free burritos in
the freezer, a box or two of chicken nuggets. A box or two of gluten free
lasagna. Some cheese enchiladas. Angela actually can eat those. And there
is some sort of Amy's vegetarian thingies that we all could eat. We just
need to eat them because they are old.

Looks like husband will start the new job on the 24th of next month so we
still have time to feed him some of this stuff. We had a box of beef
tamales that was in the garage freezer that needs to be eaten up by Nov. I
brought it in and was sad to see that they contain chicken broth. So I
can't eat them. I really wanted them! So Angela will be having those for
dinner. She is not pleased. Although she likes tamales she doesn't much
like beef. Husband loves beef but was in the hospital today and long story
short it is gout which we all sort of knew. And beef is one of the worst
things for gout. So he will be having some little chicken tacos that we got
from Target.

So that leaves me. I didn't want a hamburger patty. So I dug around and
found an old meatloaf. It is less than thrilling. I tried making them with
potato flakes as the filler and no binder. The flavor is just fine. But
the texture is a bit mushy. I also have a can of creamed corn that needs to
be used up. I will have some of that and toss the rest because I know
nobody will eat it.

I am cooking the remains of a bag of small red beans. There's not a lot of
those but I will divvy them up three ways. And there is some salad to be
used up. I have some other raw veg to put on that.

We need to go to the store again tomorrow. We have a lot of food in the
house. It's just mostly the non-perishable stuff. We don't have much in
the way of meat. Not meat that my husband can eat anyway. I have some beef
and ham but he can't eat those things.