Posted to alt.atheism,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan
Mike Lovell Mike Lovell is offline

Default Theists are destroying America ( Theists can't understand

On 2012-08-21, dh@. <dh@> wrote:

>>> Being a strong atheist does.

>>Which I'm not

> Maybe you're not. Maybe you are and are ashamed to admit it. The vast
> majority of apparently strong atheists that I've encountered are ashamed of
> their own faith. Very ashamed.

Nah I'm not, implication won't change that.

That's their problem really if they are ashamed. If you're ashamed of
your beliefs, perhaps they need to be reexamined.

>>You better talk to a strong atheist about this.

> You better talk to someone who asserts that there's a creator. Sometimes it
> appears you like to think you're able to consider the possibility of his
> existence, but you never show any evidence of it.

There is no evidence for a creator. Doesn't mean I exclude the
possibility.

Deal with the facts and you won't be disappointed.

>>> Here's a basic clue for you: If there were no evidence that God exists, no
>>> one would believe that God exists. I doubt you'll ever be able to get as far as
>>> that easy basic aspect of the situation, but no one would believe in God if
>>> there were no evidence none the less.

>>Wrong

> If there were no evidence of God there would be nothing for people to
> believe in.

It's called faith.

>>, it's called faith. Belief and faith.
>>
>>There's no evidence God exists.

> In contrast to that the belief and faith you referred to are in what people
> consider to be evidence of God's existence. You really are clueless about some
> basic stuff.

You're claiming that belief and faith are evidence??

Yes I am clueless to that incorrect statement.

>>> It does if God exists, almost certainly even if he's not aware that this
>>> planet exists.

>>Which hasn't been proved, so we cannot insert God into an explanation of
>>anything.

> Some of us can consider possibilities involving the existence of God, and
> others of you aren't able to. You probably amusingly want people to believe you
> can for whatever reason, but I doubt you could explain why you'd want them to.

There's zero point inserting God into things where God has not been
proved to exist.

Would you say this...

"It does if giant invisible pink hippo exists, almost certainly even
if he's not aware that this planet exists."

You'd have to cover an almost infinite amount of things that cannot be
proven to exist.

Why pick God out of the list? Special pleading? ;-)

>>> An agnostic might too, but you can't get that far.

>>An agnostic-theist might ;-)

> You're incapable but probably amusingly want people to think you're not. WHY
> do you want people to think you're not, and HOW do you want people to try to
> persuade themselves that you're not???

Not what?

I'm an agnostic-atheist. What am I trying to convince people I'm not??

>>> Try to figure it out. See if you can even get close.

>>The fact you avoided the question gives me the answer I need ;-)
>>

>>Science teaches us about the things fairies do
>>Science teaches us about the things goblins do
>>Science teaches us about the things leprechauns do
>>

>>Why are these invalid yet "God" is valid?

> Because of things humans have learned about the possibility of some things,
> but are still in no position to have learned about others. You might think
> you're in the position to know God does not exist, which would be extra amusing
> since I still suspect you want people to think you're also capable of
> considering the possibility that he does exist.

So what evidence do you have that God exists then??

Why are those things above all invalid apart from "God". It's special
pleading and it's indicative that you believe in God.

Now maybe you do believe in God but are ashamed about it, I know a lot
of theists like this --- He-he.