Posted to rec.food.cooking
Judy Haffner Judy Haffner is offline

Default Minute/cube steak?

I've never had a minute (cube) steak yet that was tender, unless it was
simmered for a long time, to tenderize it. My favorite way to fix them
is to use a recipe I use for beef round steak also.

For our family, I usually use 6 cube steaks and I combine 1/4 cup flour,
2 tsp. dry mustard, 1 tsp. salt and 1/8 tsp. pepper. Coat the meat well
with this mixture (save any for using later) and fry meat in hot oil;
remove meat to platter. Put remaining flour mixture into pan with the
drippings, adding gradually 2 cups hot water and 1 tbsp. Worcestershire
sauce and stir to thicken some. Place meat back in the pan; cover and
simmer for 1-1/2 hours, checking to make sure there is enough liquid.
This makes delicious gravy!

I prefer to put in a baking pan in single layer and bake for 1-1/2 hours
at 350º covered. I also like to add some sliced fresh mushrooms to
this.

Judy