Posted to rec.food.cooking
sf[_9_] sf[_9_] is offline

Default Minute/cube steak?

On Tue, 21 Aug 2012 10:52:18 -0600, Janet Bostwick
> wrote:

> On Tue, 21 Aug 2012 10:30:02 -0400, Brooklyn1 <Gravesend1> wrote:
>
> >"Polly Esther" > wrote:
> >>
> >>What to do? I bought some minute/cube steaks.

> >Minute steak and cube steak are not synonymous, they're not even
> >closely related. Minute steak is a thin medallion cut from a
> >relatively tender cut of beef that cooks up hot and fast, ergo minute.
> >Cube steak is from a tough cut of beef that goes through a cubing
> >machine and benefits from long slow braising. Many folks and even
> >many references confuse the two.
> >http://www.epicurious.com/tools/food...24&submit.y=11
> >http://www.epicurious.com/tools/food...10&submit.y=12
> >
> >Cube steak recipes:
> >http://tipnut.com/recipes-cube-steak/
> >
> >A classy example of minute steak:
> >http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steak_au_poivre

> It's been so long since I saw minute steak that I forgot all about it.
> But you're right, they are two different items.
> Janet US

I don't know what a tenderloin steak has to do with anything. Every
minute steak I've ever been served was hamburger and that's why people
get the two mixed up. I never tried cooking a cube steak until just
recently (in terms of years), because I hate hamburger on a plate and
only eat it in a bun.