Posted to rec.food.cooking
sf[_9_] sf[_9_] is offline

Default Minute/cube steak?

On Tue, 21 Aug 2012 11:33:08 -0400, jmcquown >
wrote:

> On 8/21/2012 12:18 AM, Julie Bove wrote:
> > wrote:

> >> I'd go with country fried steak simmered in gravy myself.

> > Oh I had forgotten about that! I did make that once and only once. It
> > wasn't tough at all but I was the only one who liked it. Daughter and
> > husband do not like the stuff.
> >

> So simmer them in tomato sauce. Or make a brown gravy. That cut of
> meat definitely requires long slow simmering to be tender.

After I finally discovered that time and liquid were the "trick" to
cube steaks, I've been making them a lot in the last couple of years.
I served them to my son for dinner a couple of weeks ago and that was
the first time he's liked them, because he (like a lot of people +me)
had thought they could be cooked quickly and of course they were
tough.