Posted to rec.food.cooking
Brooklyn1 Brooklyn1 is offline

Default How much sandwich meat?

On Fri, 17 Aug 2012 04:05:08 +0000 (UTC),
(Steve Pope) wrote:

>spamtrap1888 > wrote:
>
>> I would get eight to ten pounds.

>I was going to say 3 ounces per person... which comes to just
>under 10 pounds.

That only works if the sandwiches are pre made and doled out one per,
prison inmate feeding style... or served dago football wedding style,
wher ehero sandwiches are premade, wrapped, and tossed to each guest
so they didn't need to get up from their table... Yo, Carmine, catch a
cappacola.

Folks who really like cold cuts, like moi, can easily scarf down a
pound and more. I don't keep much in the way of cold cuts of the type
I really like in the house or I'll eat them all the same way an alkie
has to drain the bottle... when it comes to hard salamis, pepperonis,
sopressatas and the like I can probably use a 12 step program, but
ham, turkey, and bologna can sit in the fridge because even though I
like those they don't really call my name.

It seems like not many folks here have attended high end catered
affairs with smorgasbords, I've been to many and seen people fress
like there's no tomorrow, platters need replenishment constantly...
the fressers won't stop fressing until dinner is announced.