Posted to alt.atheism,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan
Mike Lovell Mike Lovell is offline

Default Theists are destroying America ( Theists can't understand

On 2012-08-16, dh@. <dh@> wrote:

>>> Faith is faith. Too bad you don't like it, but that's how it is. WHY don't
>>> you like the fact that faith is faith, can you explain that?

>>More pearls of wisdom. Yes faith is faith.

> Congratulation...maybe.
>
>>Lack of belief and lack of faith requires no faith.

> Being a strong atheist does.

Which I'm not, and the vast majority of people here aren't either.

Which you should know by now.

>>> No I sure don't. I do go farther than you're apparently capable of going and
>>> consider the possibility though.

>>You do, the fact that you attempt to hide it in some pathetic attempt to
>>make your theism palatable to atheists.

> I consider possibilities that many atheists are necessarily unable to take
> into consideration. I consider the ONE possibility that strong atheists are able
> to consider, plus quite a few more that they are not able to consider.

You better talk to a strong atheist about this.

>>> If God exists science teaches us things about how he did/does things even if
>>> you are honestly unable to comprehend.

>>And there's no evidence God exists,

> Here's a basic clue for you: If there were no evidence that God exists, no
> one would believe that God exists. I doubt you'll ever be able to get as far as
> that easy basic aspect of the situation, but no one would believe in God if
> there were no evidence none the less.

Wrong, it's called faith. Belief and faith.

There's no evidence God exists.

>>so science doesn't teach us about
>>God.

> It does if God exists, almost certainly even if he's not aware that this
> planet exists.

Which hasn't been proved, so we cannot insert God into an explanation of
anything.

>>Only a theist would keep inserting God into everything.

> An agnostic might too, but you can't get that far.

An agnostic-theist might ;-)

>>Why not fairies, goblins and leprechauns??

> Try to figure it out. See if you can even get close.

The fact you avoided the question gives me the answer I need ;-)

Science teaches us about the things fairies do
Science teaches us about the things goblins do
Science teaches us about the things leprechauns do

Why are these invalid yet "God" is valid? You cannot insert into an
explanation something not proved to exist, it's just idiotic.