Posted to rec.food.cooking
Ema Nymton Ema Nymton is offline

Default How much sandwich meat?

On 8/16/2012 10:21 AM, spamtrap1888 wrote:

> One problem is that the more meat people see, the more they will take.
> But if they see plenty of other food, they will take less. If there
> will be salads, chips, desserts, etc., I would get eight to ten
> pounds.

In my experience, you are so right. I put out deli meats for a
conference, and the meat disappeared in no time, we had to run back to
the store. I would choose 3 different meats and 2 different cheeses,
the larger your selection to choose from, the slower the line will move.

Use one tray consisting of a 2-3 pound display of meat at a time, and
keep replacing it with new trays. We had a nice selection of food to
choose from, but that did not matter, people went directly for the meat.
Lesson learned.

Becca