Posted to rec.food.cooking
Janet Bostwick Janet Bostwick is offline

Default How much sandwich meat?

On Thu, 16 Aug 2012 14:56:47 GMT, (Derek Lyons)
wrote:

>I've been asked to buy sufficient sliced deli meat for 50 people...
>how much would that be?
>
>D.

If you are actually going to go to a deli or the deli department of a
grocery store to have the meat sliced for you (recommended), I would
ask them how much and what kind they would recommend for a group of 50
people. Deli departments make up food for groups all the time and
they would know best. They can also put it out on trays for you in
proper sizing. Do you have platters for the meat or are you just
going to put the packages out and let everyone help themselves? (bad
idea)
Janet US