Posted to rec.food.cooking
spamtrap1888 spamtrap1888 is offline

Default How much sandwich meat?

On Aug 16, 7:56*am, (Derek Lyons) wrote:
> I've been asked to buy sufficient sliced deli meat for 50 people...
> how much would that be?

What else will be served? Are these elderly ladies or teen boys? Will
they have been doing any physical activity? Midwesterners or
Californians? Will you be getting mostly lean meat like roast beef and
turkey, or obviously fatty meat like salami? Better to order too much
than not enough but do you have a use for the rest?

One problem is that the more meat people see, the more they will take.
But if they see plenty of other food, they will take less. If there
will be salads, chips, desserts, etc., I would get eight to ten
pounds.