Posted to alt.atheism,alt.agnosticism,alt.food.vegan
duke duke is offline

Default Dietary ethics

Rupert > wrote:

> > > You are wrong on both counts.

> > I'm right on all *three* counts, Your Wobbliness. =A0You forgot the third
> > one: =A0that it sucks to be you.

> I can think of quite a few advantages to being me.

Religion claims that immorality always springs from a lack of religion,
but the facts prove just the opposite. Christianity has never been
stronger than it is today, Christians have churches in every community,
they monopolize radio and television time with religious propaganda,
they have forced their religion into our government, our laws, and into
our schools. They have done these things against the Constitution of the
United States, and against the most basic and sacred rights of all other
Americans. Like a sinking ship, with water rushing in and filling every
compartment where it was not supposed to be, so religion has attacked
our nation, rushed in where it was not supposed to be, where it has no
business to be, silencing all opposition, all opposing views, poisoning
the wells of our knowledge, and endangering the very roots of our
nation.

Christianity is that strong today, and yet we have not achieved any
respectable amount of morality in this country. Nowhere is the failure
of Christian morality more evident than in America. During the same time
that Christianity has been growing ever stronger and ever richer, over
the past thirty years or so, the use of harmful drugs has became a
national scandal, the crime rate has been climbing ever higher and ever
faster, the divorce rate has skyrocketed, and during that time our
nation has been embroiled in more wars and international conflicts than
in any other similar time period in its history. During that time, our
nation was also getting its 5000 or so weird religious cults, a
byproduct of Christian indoctrination. Right to-day we have the highest
narcotics abuse rate, the highest crime rate, the highest divorce rate,
and the highest 'religion rate' that we have ever had in the history of
this nation. What does Christianity say about these facts and how to
cure them? They tell us we need more religion and they are determined to
force it upon us. Christianity feels so strong today that it is moving
into politics to try to force its failing morality upon every American
through a Christian Dictatorship and a new Dark Age.