Lew Bryson

Default Beer troubles in Pennsylvania

"Tom Wolper" > wrote in message
ink.net...
> Going back to an earlier discussion in this thread, I found this at
> http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/search/s_201508.html (and scroll down to
> Blair County)
>
> Opponents of a plan to sell beer at a Sheetz gas station packed a hearing
> before the state Liquor Control Board in Altoona.
>
> A Sheetz subsidiary applied earlier this year for a license to sell beer
> from its prototype superstore. Sheetz officials say pumps at the store

will
> be on land controlled by a separate lease agreement from the rest of the
> store. Gas transactions will be handled at the pump only, because beer and
> gas cannot be sold at the same location under Pennsylvania law.
>
> The liquor board has 60 days to review testimony before issuing a ruling.

At
> least 200 people, mostly those opposed to the sale of beer, filled a

meeting
> room at a hotel in Altoona this week to protest.

God help me, it is just flat-out embarrassing to live in Pennsylvania some
days.

--
Lew Bryson

www.LewBryson.com
Author of "New York Breweries" and "Pennsylvania Breweries," 2nd ed., both
available at <www.amazon.com>
The Hotmail address on this post is for newsgroups only: I don't check it,
or respond to it. Spam away.