Posted to rec.food.cooking
Jim Elbrecht Jim Elbrecht is offline

Default Taste test: pasta

On Wed, 1 Aug 2012 07:38:40 -0700 (PDT), Kalmia
> wrote:

>On Wednesday, August 1, 2012 2:44:16 AM UTC-4, isw wrote:
>> FWIW, I like the buck-a-pound stuff I get at Trader Joe's.
>>

>Darn, the more I hear about Trader Joe's, the greener becomes my envy. Just yesterday, I read in the lair praise of TJ's EVO.

That reminds we- we've got one coming. . . . looking it up--- Friday!

So maybe some time after Labor Day I'll venture over and see if the
crowds have become manageable. It's on the way to the Asian store
so I'll probably do a drive by before that- but people in this area
are such sheep, I'm sure it will be mobbed for a while. [The tasty
cream -?donut place- was an hour wait for 1 year-- and out of business
before the next year finished.]

And back to the pasta-- the stuff I get at Samsclub is just under $1 a
pound- Not a lot of variety, but it gets the job done.

Jim