sf

Default pulled pork

On Mon, 12 Jul 2004 18:18:19 -0700, "Louis Cohen"
> wrote:

> I cook real pulled pork fairly often. After pulling the meat, I typically
> dress it with an Eastern North Carolina sauce - cider vinegar, salt, pepper,
> and chile.

Can you give me proportions or at least what to taste for?
This is the first time I've realized chili (jalapeno?) was a
crucial ingredient... sounds good to me!

> Some people like a more typical tomato based BBQ sauce.
>
> If I serve the pork on tortillas, I may skip the cider vinegar and serve it
> with pico de gallo.

Meaning you don't baste it with the mop sauce or you don't
serve it with the mop sauce?

> It's often eaten on hamburger rolls with cole slaw on top of the meat. I
> like a vinegar-based cole slaw on the side.

What's your recipe? I'm weird. I make a decent mayo based
cole slaw, but I prefer to eat vinegar based slaw - which I
don't think I make as well.

> And, it's great on corn tortillas.

I bet it is!