Wayne

Default pulled pork

(Curly Sue) wrote in
:

> On Tue, 13 Jul 2004 05:32:14 GMT, Wayne > wrote:
>
>>JimLane > wrote in news:1089696388.422663@news-
>>1.nethere.net:

>>> Right. Since when is "low fat" mayo traditional? It is a relatively
>>> new creation compared to the rich history of pulled pork.
>>>
>>> jim

>>I've had many pulled pork sandwiches with a slaw topping, but never
>>one that had a mayo based dressing. I doubt I'd like it, and I'd
>>certainly consider it non-traditioinal.

> It may not be traditional, but it is really good.

I'd probably like it as a side, but not on top. And it may be
traditional in Eastern Carolina. I've never had BBQ in that area.

> I'll have to try that to believe it. In that case I doubt that I'd
> like it. The Hellman's recipe is a such a perfect balance that any
> changes ruin it. I've mentioned before that even the version they
> make in Canada is not as good. (and I don't understand *why* they
> alter the recipe for Canada). I have been unable to make anything
> close to it in taste at home (texture, yes. taste, no).

When we lived in Ohio we always used Hellman's and now we use Best Food's
here in AZ. I can't tell them apart. I've never had the version made in
Canada.

My strong preference would still be Best Food's regular mayo, but when
you're trying to cut the fat you've got to use something. The "Just 2
Good" is absolutely the best reduced-fat mayo product I've tasted,
including the "light" versions, and it even has less fat than the light
versions. You might find that you don't like it or even hate it, but for
me it's better than going without.

--
Wayne in Phoenix

If there's a nit to pick, some nitwit will pick it.