Wayne

Default pulled pork

alzelt > wrote in
:

> Wayne wrote:

>> I've had many pulled pork sandwiches with a slaw topping, but never
>> one that had a mayo based dressing. I doubt I'd like it, and I'd
>> certainly consider it non-traditioinal.

> Whether or not you would like it, it IS traditional in Eastern
> Carolina.

I must confess, Alan, that I've never eaten pulled pork in Eastern
Carolina. Everywhere else I've eaten it (TN, KY, AK, MS), the slaw that
went on top of the pulled pork was vinegar-based with no mayo. Slaw served
on the side have sometimes had mayo. I like all kinds of coleslaw but, as
I said, I _doubt_ that I'd like mayo-based slaw on top of the pork.

--
Wayne in Phoenix

If there's a nit to pick, some nitwit will pick it.