Kswck

Default Help with Cuban Oregano

I was introduced to it last year. It is great used fresh.
This year I overbought it and have a couple of large plants with regular
sized leaves and 3 even larger plants with dinner plate sized leaves.
I tried freezing it, but upon defrosting, the leaves were limp, water logged
and really dark green. Although they had the right smell, the consistency
was that of 'for use only in stews/soups'.
Last year I tried drying them at about 115 degrees, but was unhappy with the
results-they browned, looked like dead leaves and were useless.
All the net searches I found deal with growing and cooking with the fresh
stuff.
I wish to preserve and store it.

Any suggestions?