Cadie

Default I need some good cookie recipies

This is the last Chocolate chip cookie recipe that I used, and the
cookies actually came out good :-) At least, in comparison to the
recipe on the nestley package. They just came out... BAD.

1/2 cup shortening
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 teaspoon bakin soda
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1- 12 ounce package semisweet chocolate pieces or miniature
candy0coated semisweet chocolate pieces
1 12 cups chopped nuts

In a large mixing bowl beat shortening and butter with an electric
mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. Add brown sugar,
granulated sugar, and baking soda. Beat until mixture is combined,
scraping sides of bowl occasionally. Beat in eggs and vanilla until
combined. Beat in as much of the flour as you can with the mixer.
Stir in any remaining flour. Stir in chcolate pieces, and, if desired,
nuts.

Drop dough by rounded teaspoons 2 inches apart onto an ungreased
cookie sheet. Bake in a 375*F oven for 8-10 minutes or until edges
are lightly browned. Transfer to a wire rack and let cool.

Not my recipe, I haven't gotten to that level yet. I got it from the
New Better Homes and Gardens cookbook.

Cadie

"rhinoman98" > wrote in message
lkaboutcooking.com..
..
> Hi.
> I would like to make some good cookies. Probably just chocolate

chip, or
> something pretty basic. I have seen some TV shows on the Food

network with
> some tips and tricks that make them softer, chewer, and better all

around.
> If anyone knows some good recipies or just has some good pointer, I

would