Posted to rec.food.cooking
sf[_9_] sf[_9_] is offline

Default Anyone know how to keep a basil plant going?

On Thu, 5 Jul 2012 16:54:11 -0700 (PDT), Kalmia
> wrote:

> I have had parsley producing for months, but wonder what the technique
> is for basil. I bought a full plant in supermkt tda, but want to keep
> it producing too. TIA

I dunno. I think you need to have the right plant karma. I was given
a basil plant from Trader Joe's last year that I kept going until I
went on vacation and then it died at the plant sitter's. I bought a
pot of parsley a few weeks ago and it started getting leggy & brown
immediately - under the same light and heat conditions the basil did
well in (my kitchen window). So, I'm as clueless as you are. My
advice is to get a violet.