Rodney Myrvaagnes

Default pulled pork

On Mon, 12 Jul 2004 07:45:19 GMT, sf > wrote:

>I know I'm opening up a hornet's nest here, but I have some
>questions...
>
>I've never eaten the real thing, but want to try it - is
>mayonaise based "white sauce" a common topping?
>
>What about cole slaw - does it go in the sandwich or on the
>side?
>
>What side dishes are usually served with pulled pork?

You are treading on thin ice. That is a regional matter. Totally
different versions are defended to the death by pitmasters and their
disciples from different places.

I am not adept in barbecue of any region and will not try to
elaborate, because I know I would get something wrong. I am happy to
taste any of them.

I do think pulled pork is a GOOD THING. I just don't want to define
it.

Rodney Myrvaagnes NYC J36 Gjo/a

"Nuke the *** whales for Jesus" -- anon T-shirt