Posted to rec.food.cooking
dsi1[_15_] dsi1[_15_] is offline

Default something I've noticed about this group

On 6/20/2012 7:23 AM, Mark Thorson wrote:
> gtr wrote:
>>
>> On 2012-06-20 08:50:45 +0000, Somebody said:
>>
>>> Hitler had a brother? Or are you speaking metaphorically?

>> There's probably millions of metaphoric brothers, but he had a
>> half-brother too:
>>
>> He escaped Germany early for Britain. Then immigrated to the US and
>> lived in either upstate NY or CT, if memory serves. He had three sons.
>> They were never told until late in their life that they had an uncle
>> Adolph. I read about it in the NYTimes a couple of years ago.
>>
>> Just now, I went looking on wiki for this info, but can't seem to find
>> it. But that's how I remember it best.

> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Patrick_Hitler

Jeepers! I love shit like that. Most everybody has an uncle that's an
embarrassment. My uncle was a fun guy and he'd buy me lunch when he saw
me in a restaurant but I'd always cringe when I heard his name in the
news. "What's he done this time?" is what I'd be saying frequently in
those days. OTOH, at least my uncle wasn't Hitler. He died a few years
ago so all I can say these days is "My uncle Slim - God bless him!" :-)