Ray

Default Is sour cherry wine better than sweet cherry wine?

All I can get is sweet cherries so that is what I use. I have not really
been disappointed but have nothing to compare with. Your wine is already
underway so don't worry about it. It will pretty much take care of itself.
If it comes out a bit off then concern yourself with adjustments but don't
worry until then.

Your SG is a little high but if it is fermenting well, and it sounds like it
is, once again don't worry, it will do fine.

I would not recommend another racking until it stops fermenting. When the
airlock stops doing anything, wait a couple of weeks or even a month so it
will drop most of it's sediment and then rack and top up. That is when you
might add meta. If you open it after it stops, then you will need to top up
even if you do not rack.

Ray

m...