Posted to rec.food.cooking
Doug Freyburger Doug Freyburger is offline

Default Anyone have the "Lifetime Cookware"?(waterless)

Kalmia wrote:

> I saw this line demonstrated years ago - and now wonder how good it
> really is or was. At the time, too expensive for my budget. They
> still have a website, so I guess they managed to stay in business.
>
> Any comments from owners?

My ex got the big set in the divorce. It's 25 years old now. Probably
still looks like it just came out of the box. I have the large electric
skillet still and I have since gotten the salad shooter.

We have an assortment of stainless clad alumimum core cookware mostly
from Cuisinart. It's good enough we might never get around to upgrading
to either All Clad or the waterless stuff.

Waterless cookware is top notch but there are plenty of brands of top
notch cookware. Competes with more brands than just All Clad.

Waterless cooking itself is a gimic. Can be done with any top notch
cookware and a bunch of planning. After doing it a couple of times I
decided it's too much work to do it myself. Impressive in the demo,
notunique to those brands.