wastenotwantnot wastenotwantnot is offline
Member

Jim:
Here are a couple of ways to use up that bumper crop of cucumbers:
Peel, slice thin, and dehydrate, then grind the slices into a powder. To your cucumber powder, you can add a little dill, or Mrs.Dash, etc. Use your powder by adding it to sour cream or even plain yogurt, to create a healthy salad dressing, bagel or sandwich spread, a dip, or on top of baked potatoes.

You can also just reconstitute the dried slices in a little water (or oil and vinegar) and use like fresh on sandwiches (like Subway does).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim[_25_] View Post
We are experiencing a bumper crop of cucumbers, and we have
saladed out, pickled out, and have a nice shiny food dehydrator,
so was wondering if anyone has come up with any ways to use
dried, vacuum packed cucumber slices? I would like to slice
them, dry them then vacuum pack them with the food saver.

I could think that maybe a soup might work, any other suggestions?

Jim