Posted to alt.food.wine
Bi!! Bi!! is offline

Default 2002 Dominus Napa Valley Cab

I did a prime beef tenderloin on the grill last night at my farm with
a few friends and I opened a coupkle bottles of 2002 Dominus which I
bought on release. Dark reddish purple in the glass with a bit of
lightening at the rim and medium weight. I was expecting a Napa fruit
bomb but should have known better with Christian Moueix at the helm as
this blend of 85% Cabernet Sauvignon, 8% Cab Franc, 4% Petite Verdot
and 3% Merlot was more Bordeaux in style than California. Nose of
blackberries and tobacco leaf with a pronounced mineral undertone.
Nice acidity on the palate with black fruits, black coffee, cassis and
a bit of cedar. Tannins were softening and the wine was quite tasty
with the beef. "A-"