Posted to rec.food.cooking
sf[_9_] sf[_9_] is offline

Default Iced coffee strategy: yours?

On Thu, 31 May 2012 17:44:50 -0700 (PDT), Kalmia
> wrote:

> True, but I kept thinking about coffee being 'old' after about an
> hour. Ya kin sure taste its age in restos and 7-11s mid-morning when
> no one's brewed a fresh pot.

You had it in a vacuum pot didn't you? They keep coffee tasting fresh
for a long time. If you're that sensitive to coffee freshness, make
the coffee as strong as possible and serve it while still warm.

I'm not sensitive to using "old" coffee for iced coffee because of all
the cream and sugar that goes in it; but I can't stand iced tea made
from tea that's been sitting around because I just put lemon in mine,
so I can taste when it's been sitting around for a few hours. Blah.
That's why when I order it in a restaurant, I have them bring me a pot
of hot tea and a glass of ice.