Posted to rec.food.cooking
John Kuthe[_2_] John Kuthe[_2_] is offline

Default Iced coffee strategy: yours?

On Thu, 31 May 2012 17:05:47 -0700 (PDT), Kalmia
> wrote:

>I had guests coming today but was not sure when. (DH never asked for
>details when they called,) I made a pot of coffee around 11 am,
>split it into two containers, ( one with sugar, one without), stuck in
>the fridge, and then waited......and waited......and waited. When
>they showed up at 4 pm, I offered the coffee but no one was
>interested. (They did like my date nut bread tho with cream cheese.)
>
>I guess my question is --- how soon would you make coffee for later
>iced coffee? I wanted it made and well chilled before I dumped it
>over ice. I loathe preparing food with guests looking on.

I first made chilled coffee back when I worked in the donuty shop in
the 1980's. I just made my usual cup of coffee (with cream and sugar
back then) and put it in the cold case until it was cold. And it was
delicious!

Haven't made it since, and I drink my hot coffee black now. I'd
probably still go back to the cream and sugar if I did make chilled or
iced coffee. I love the asian iced coffee I've gotten at
Thai/Vietnamese/Indian restaurants! YUM!!

John Kuthe...