Posted to rec.food.cooking
Kalmia Kalmia is offline

Default Iced coffee strategy: yours?

On May 31, 9:41*pm, "Paul M. Cook" > wrote:

> That's because the coffe is kept very hot and is still cooking all that
> time. *Chilled coffee will stay fresh tasting for a long time. *Tea on the
> other hand will go bitter due to oxidation.
>
> Paul

Thanks. Makes sense. So maybe my method wasn't so bad after all. At
least I had practice and was forced to get out my good etched
tumblers. I hated pouring the coffee down the drain, but that much
coffee would've put me in orbit for days.

By the way, how can glasses rarely used get so grungy on a top shelf
and way in the back? I had to rewash em. I wonder if I shouldn't
store em in plastic bags for next time.